Chill Day #2

Monday, January 10, 2011

| | |
I was suppose to leave for RENEW, the agency that rescues women from prostitution, today but due to a few unforsceen issues I wont be leaving till tomorrow, creating another day mostly for myself. It's a Monday so all of the social workers are at work and I got to catch up on journaling and email T'was sweet. I had the day to process and get mentally prepared for the next 4 days of my life. I know it might be intense, but I don't know how much. I dont know how much I can help due to my lack of experience, but I am going to learn a lot this week.
After lunch I went to hang out at the childrens home with the other social workers after they got home. I was hoping my buddy Paulo would remember me and I was overjoyed when he did.
He didn't leave my side all day, and when I walked away for a minute I came back to a confused boy scanning all the faces in the yard until he saw me and ran toward me with arms wide open :D And the most precious moment of the day occured when my very chapped lips started to bleed. My little 4 year old friend ran and got me a tissue and held it on my lip until it stopped. The concern on his face was my favortie as his "big-little" heart shown through. When it had stopped he asked, "better?". Yea buddy... much better :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay....cute little Paulo getting you a tissue and holding it for you brought tears to my eyes!

Angela (CCI)

Julie said...

Thanks Angela, he was a pretty special little guy :)

Post a Comment