My First Post on my First Blog

Saturday, May 22, 2010

| | |
In my mind, my summer started today. Yesterday didn't count, because packing up like crazy to make sure we didn't miss check out time and almost missing our flight (We literally had to run to our gate) isn't exactly my idea of a relaxing summer. But it's good to finally be home in Florida! At least for a few days anyway :-) My college roommate, Christy, come home with me because in just 2 days we will be getting on another plane, this time to Ethiopia (with a 10 hour stop in Cairo)!!



I'm very excited to be able to have this opportunity to go back to Ethiopia again. I have really enjoyed getting to know the kids and following their stories from the time they were orphaned through their search for a home, and oftentimes get to see them again once they've gotten adjusted to their new life in America. It's beautiful to see the world they've come from, and watch how adoption has changed them and their family's so much. It's very emotional to see how God's been able to change these kids lives and give them a family that they've been praying and hoping for, for so long.



I have high hopes for this trip as we visit many orphanages, one of which is in the western region of Ethiopia, Kamashi, which is about a 14 hour drive from the capital, Addis Ababa. I anticipate posting about our trip throughout the next 2 weeks but that may pose difficulties as internet is scarce (especially as we travel to Kamashi), but I hope to update along the way!



Thank's for watching my blog!

Julie Hedberg

0 comments:

Post a Comment