A Saturday on Churchill Street

Saturday, June 5, 2010

| | |
We got to sleep in today which was a blessing. Then we headed down to Churchill street for one last shopping trip with the families. And once again I was done shopping before arrived, but somehow I left with bags of stuff... But the prices are so cheap that it'd almost be a sin not to take advantage of it!
And lunch was great. We ate at a restaurant that I had never been to before called "Top View". We had to drive up a mountain to get there and from the windows we could see the entire city of Addis Ababa below. It was a very worthwhile outing and anyone planning on going to Addis should consider eating there and getting one of their frappuccino milkshakes. Very yummy.

We killed some time at the Hilton doing some internet and window shopping. I got Christy the same Lonely Planet Amharic Phrase book that I got for myself last year. I loved it because you could figure out anything you could possibly want to say! I got excited to try it out so we decided that we would try to figure out how to ask the house keepers at the Grace guest house for hot water so we could make our own dinner. After I prepared what I wanted to say I realized that I would be asking for "hot dog" instead of "hot water"!! In fear of accidentally ordering one of our noisy neighbors for dinner I decided to instead practice my Amharic before trying to use it again :-X

And did you know that it's 2002 here right now? I know! Crazy right? It's supposedly more accurate to history and when Christ was actually born. I can't say if that's true but I do know that it's been fun being 12 again.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Julie, I so hope your mom is doing well. Please tell her Julie McBurney is thinking of her. I just received a video today from CCI with you, your friend Christy, your amazing mother, and who will soon be my daughter, Chara. You are all so loving and kind with these children. I just love your mother.

My mother's name is also Sue, although I lost my dear, sweet mother two years ago this February. She and I were very close and it's obvious you and your mom are. I love that we share names.

I live in Orlando and would happily do anything to help your family this week. My email is mcburney.julie@gmail.com and my phone is 407-517-5719. Please, please let me know if I can do anything -- bring some food? All my very best.

Julie said...

Thank you very much. I really appreciate it, I will let her know you asked about her.
I'm glad you enjoyed your DVD! I've been working hard on them all week to get them finished and sent out as soon as possible. I really enjoyed playing with your daughter and I'm very excited for you and your family and I'd be looking forward to seeing her again when she comes home.

Post a Comment