Peacing out

Saturday, June 19, 2010

| | |
Today Tim left us to journey around Asia for the next 6 months! He and 2 of his friends are going to be starting in Southern China and spending a few months with friends all over the country. And then eventually they're make their way through Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, and Thailand... aand that's the extent of what I've been able to gather from him :-). But I don't think even he knows his complete plans for the trip. It's going to be really exciting and props to him for finding the means to do it! As a fresh college grad without any specific plans for the future, I think he's taking advantage of a great opportunity. Towards the end of the trip he knows he will be working with Burmese refugees on the Thailand border so he's in for a great experience there as well.

So I'll definitely be missing him... but as the great sister I am, I was also looking forward to getting his car after he left. Unfortunately, I wont be able to even have his white beat up Camery to remember him by. My family has the unfortunate habit of crashing our cars just before we're supposed to pass it on... so on his drive down from school he ran it into a rail for me to keep me from inheriting it :-). I haven't gotten a chance to thank him for that yet.

And as for my mom, her famous quote lately has been "Dont make me laugh"! Since her surgery its been hurting her a lot to do anything but laughing is especially the worst. So lately we haven't been allowed to have as much fun around her but it is becoming increasingly difficult to do that. Our TV choices are guided more toward boring news stations, our conversations are dryer, but if we're still having too much fun we just send Eric out of the room and that usually takes care of it :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment